it's been a minute since I've been on here.
I love the idea of blogs; in theory they seem so interesting and fun, and those of you that do blogs well, I commend you. because I have no idea how to do that. I feel like blogs are best when they are chronicling some specific journey or experience: a mission trip, travels, adventures in baking/photography/etc. but I don't really have any of that happening right now. life itself is a journey though, right? I'm just unsure whether or not mine is one that deserves to be blogged about.
lately I have been going through the anticlimatic phase that I typically experience within a year before upheavals in my life (i.e., graduation in December) when I realize that at my current station in life, I have achieved all or most of the goals I set for myself and now I just have to wait for new ones to come along to start working toward. luckily (or unluckily?) I still have to bust tail between now and next winter to get into graduate school so I guess I have that to focus on (note: I am blogging instead of studying for two quizzes. so yeah.), but that's a little vague for me right now since no real deadlines will be upon me until the fall.
I have been so blessed to have had what I would call a perfect college experience here at Auburn that I'm not sure I can imagine anything else coming up meaning more to me. my major motivations now are related to starting a career and becoming financially independent from my parents rather than the inter- and intra- personal experiences that have motivated me in the past so this is new territory for me. one consolation is that my chosen field, genetic counseling, deals heavily with interpersonal communication, something I have always found to be one of my strengths. I'm comforted to know that I am currently working toward being in a position to assist people in understanding complex situations that they have no control over. in many ways I have been doing this all of my life, whether for myself or those around me and that's one reason that I feel I've chosen the right program. whether or not admissions officials can focus on this aspect of me rather than my GPA well...that's a different story.
this week, campaigns are upon us here in the loveliest village and I must admit, it is weird seeing people younger than me on the campaign trail. and of course I can't help but be reminded of campaign week this time last year, one of the absolute most fun experiences of my college career/life. everyone should, at some point in their life, have an experience that reminds them of how many people love and support them. for most I'm afraid this happens when things are not going well in their lives. amazingly, for me it happened when I was on a peak instead of in a valley. if anyone is reading this that had any small part in helping me last year, I just want to say thank you again. I think about it almost every day, and how blessed I was to have so many selfless people surrounding me. ok, enough nostalgia. vote for BETH WESTMORELAND for MISS AUBURN and MICHAEL PITTMAN SGA TREASURER on Tuesday. preeshate it.
this blog post is incredibly pointless now that I read back over it. but I've already spent the time writing it so I'm going to publish it and waste everyone else's time making them read it. something that WON'T waste your time however (hint/irony: it's about time management):
Do I Use My Time Wisely?
just a little reward for those of you who took the time to read this whole convoluted thing. PS #Scarlett says hey. xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- Auburn (7)
- Australia (5)
- boo school (2)
- family (1)
- future plans (4)
- genealogy (2)
- hometowns (1)
- life lately (3)
- nostalgia (5)
- photography (5)
- pointless (3)
- traveling (6)
No comments:
Post a Comment