Saturday, March 12, 2011

simply not worried

 8 “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
      “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
 
9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
      so my ways are higher than your ways

      and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55: 8-9  (NLT)


there is no greater comfort to me than knowing that my life has a very specific intent and purpose. to some, this is a scary or intimidating thing to think about; either they feel they aren't living up to it or they think they somehow don't have control over their own destiny. which is ironic, because to me those two would-be fears are completely interrelated. yes, for each of us God has a plan, and to me, that plan is our destiny. as human beings we have the power of free will, to choose to accept this destiny or to choose against it...and to choose to accept it is to live up to what is expected of us.

I love, love, love to look back on my life and all of the different people I've met and experiences I've had and realize that they all weaved themselves into a plan that, at the time, I did not even know was in the works. events that once seemed insignificant have, in retrospect, acquired a great deal of importance. the reverse is also true. things I once thought were such a huge deal have been all but forgotten. so maybe after knowing that, it makes more sense that it does not scare me one bit to know that my life after December 2012 (and even parts of it between now and then) is one big question mark. I'm simply not worried about it. I have an idea of what I would like to be doing, but we all know that you can't always get what you want (and many times it works out much better when you don't). so in the meantime I just work hard at doing what I have the privilege to be doing now, learning about life and friends and love and a little molecular biology (just enough to earn a degree), and know that everyone I meet and everywhere I go may end up being a life-changing experience...even if I don't realize it until much later.

wish I had written this myself: www.allatsea.co.za/froglunch/people.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers